"Happy" Terrill was the superhero the Ray, a member of the Freedom Fighters.
Langford ""Happy" Terrill gained the ability to manipulate light and even transform himself into a light form after being struck by lightning while assisting in a scientific experiment in a hot air balloon. He created the identity of the Ray and fought crime on his native Earth-Two both solo and as a member of the All-Star Squadron, before eventually migrating to Earth-X to become a founding member of the Freedom Fighters. Decades later (kept young by the mystical presence of Uncle Sam), he moved to Earth-One for a time and had several adventures there, both with the Freedom fighters and alone, before returning to Earth-X following the Freedom Fighters' final battle with the Silver Ghost and the apparent death of Firebrand. He later participated in the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- Photokinesis: In extremely good brightness conditions, Ray can convert himself into pure light.
- This version of the Ray, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 52 Appearances of Langford Terrill (Earth-Two)
- 13 Images featuring Langford Terrill (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Langford Terrill (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Langford Terrill (Earth-Two)
|Freedom Fighters member |
This character is or was a member of the Freedom Fighters, a team of American super-heroes who fight threats to the nation and its ideals under the leadership of Uncle Sam. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Freedom Fighters members" category.
|All-Star Squadron member|
This character is or was a member of the All-Star Squadron in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "All-Star Squadron members" category.