Lara was the mother of Superman.
Lara was a native of the planet Krypton, a librarian who married the scientist Jor-L. It was early in her married life that the planet Krypton began to experience extreme internal disruptions. Fearing the worst, Jor-L and his brother Zor-L both began developing escape rockets. However, Jor-L's design was not really beyond the test phase when the eruptions began to become too regular and intense. Only days earlier Lara gave birth to their son Kal-L.
Seeing the eruptions causing the destruction of the main city on Krypton, Jor-L and Lara leapt away to Jor-L's secret lab where his experimental rocket was stored. Seeing the destruction of their planet had begun, Jor-L informed Lara of his plans to send her and newly born Kal-L to the observed planet Sol III in a different galaxy.
Fearing the rocket would have a better chance if it only had to support Kal-L's weight, Lara decided to remain with her husband. Both Jor-L and Lara remained on the exploding Krpyton while Kal-L was rocketed to the distant planet Earth, where he would grow up in the name of Clark Kent and costumed identity of Superman.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Kryptonians on Earth-Two had powers even under a red sun.
- This version of Lara, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Some stories refer to Lara as Lora.
- 24 Appearances of Lara (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Lara (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Lara (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Lara (Earth-Two)