Lara is the superhero Superwoman.
Superman Family Adventures
Lara was the wife of Jor-El and mother of his son, Kal-El. To survive the destruction of Krypton at the hands of Brainiac, Lara escaped to the Phantom Zone. Kal-El eventually freed his mother; however, as Lara had not aged in the zone, Kal-El was now an adult.
Kal-El was unable to fully restore his father, so Jor-El was only able to return for a day. Lara and Jor-El spent the next twenty-four hours defending the city their son had called home, Metropolis. The media began calling Lara "Superwoman," a feminine version of her son's alias, "Superman." When a group of Phantom Zoners attacked the city, the Superman Family intervened; however, Lara and Ursa had no interest in fighting one another.
After the fight, Superman attempted to apprehend Ursa's husband, General Zod, but the enlarged Kandor in the process. An enlarged Brainiac revealed he had enslaved the city. Brainiac attacked them, so Lara and Ursa came to their aid. As they were losing the battle, Lara was able to bring back Jor-El through crystal manipulation. While this stunned Brainiac, he quickly took down Jor-El as well. Lara offered herself to save her family; Brainiac accepted until he learned she was pregnant. He decided to take his leave, turning Kandor into New Krypton in the process.
Lara was on Kandor when she went into labor. While the pregnancy went smoothly, it was revealed that he DNA of Lara and her child were altered due to Lara's time in the Phantom Zone. As a result, Prym-El was a Brainiac hybrid. Prym-El grew rapidly, initially just being able to fly, but he soon aged into a child and developed the ability to speak.
A fight broke out between Superman and Brainiac after finding out that Brainiac had, again, turned Jor-El into a ghost. Prym-El tried to calm them down, only for Brainiac to manipulate him into joining him with the Legion of Doom. Lara and Superman went to he fortress, where Jor-El revealed that Brainiac planned to free the Phantom Zoners. The mother-son duo went after the Legion, with Lara knocking down Brainiac's Skull Ship. Prym-El emerged as an adult, as Brainiac prepared to entrap her in the Zone behind her. Her younger son freaked out and tried to take the Phantom Zone Projector, only to inadvertently trap New Krypton in the Zone instead. Enraged, he tried to destroy the Legion, only to turn his attention on the Justice League. As he fought Lara and Kal-El, the Unknown Superman confronted him. He revealed that he was the future Prym-El and he took his younger self to the future. Afterwards, Lara was recruited into the league.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superwoman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superwoman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superwoman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superwoman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superwoman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superwoman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Superwomans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superwoman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superwoman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superwoman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superwoman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superwoman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superwoman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superwoman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Longevity: Superwoman can live longer than regular humans, remaining at her prime as long as she was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superwoman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 11 Appearances of Lara (Tiny Titans)
- 4 Images featuring Lara (Tiny Titans)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lara (Tiny Titans)
- Character Gallery: Lara (Tiny Titans)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Superman Family member