Her father Knight-Wing kept her and her sister's existence a secret until he and his wife deemed Lois was ready. Although both spouses were concerned about Lara's hotheadness and reckless spirit, they judged both twins should reveal themselves together.
Both girls took up their murdered great aunt's Supergirl mantle, Lara choosing to call herself Supergirl-Blue.
Four hundred years after her first mission, Lara fell in love with an alien Green Lantern called Ator, who couldn't get past her teenaged appearance, so she decided to use Gold Kryptonite to strip herself of her powers and allow herself to grow old. Unfortunately Ator was killed shortly after by an atomic bomb set off by Luthor in the middle of Metropolis.
Lara aged at a normal pace during the subsequent war against Luthor. However, when her father and sister were killed, Batman finally talked Lara into trying a Gold-K antidote which restored her powers.
Lara would die several centuries later attempting to stop an Apokoliptian weapon.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Supergirl-Blue possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Supergirl-Blue's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Supergirl-Blue can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Supergirl-Blue's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Supergirl-Blue's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Supergirl-Blue can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supergirl-Blues can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Supergirl-Blue can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Supergirl-Blue is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Supergirl-Blue is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Supergirl-Blue is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Supergirl-Blue's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Supergirl-Blue is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Supergirl-Blue is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Longevity: Supergirl-Blue can live longer than regular humans, remaining at her prime as long as she was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Decelerated Aging: Lara ages very slowly, looking like a teenager even after four centuries.
Being only fractionally Kryptonian, her alien race's tratidional weaknesses are lessened. Kryptonite radiation hurts Lara, but it can't kill her.
This version of Supergirl first appeared in Superman & Batman: Generations III #2 by John Byrne, and is an adaptation from the original Supergirl/Kara Zor-El, created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino, which first appeared in Action Comics #252.
Main article: Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
- 11 Appearances of Lara Wayne (Earth-3839)
- 3 Images featuring Lara Wayne (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Lara Wayne (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Lara Wayne (Earth-3839)
Superman Family member
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.