After Wonder Woman convinced Superboy-Prime to channel the Crisis Energies to the Mobius Chair in order to make Wally West powerful enough to defeat the Mother of the Multiverse, [[Perpetua (Sixth Dimension)|Perp
The Last 52 is a Multiverse which was created by The Darkest Knight after he was supercharged by the Mobius Chair, which redirected to him the Crisis Energies from the Dark Multiverse realities where the three major Crises were eternally happening. These energies made him powerful enough to create a Multiverse of his own that was only composed of realities where nightmarish counterparts of Earth 0's residents existed, similar to the Dark Multiverse.
After Wonder Woman convinced Superboy-Prime to channel the Crisis Energies to the Mobius Chair in order to make Wally West powerful enough to defeat the Mother of the Multiverse, Perpetua. However, the Darkest Knight had already altered the Mobius Chair to redirect these energies to him, making him an even more omnipotent version of himself.
The Darkest Knight used his new-found powers to immediately create a new Multiverse, inspired by the Dark Multiverse, which was composed by 52 dark realities where twisted versions of Earth 0's heroes and villains existed and conquered their worlds: the Dark God referred to these new universes as the Last 52.
While the Darkest Knight was fighting against Perpetua over the dominion of the Multiverse, the Justice League and the Legion of Doom banded together and planned to use the Forge of Worlds' energies to empower Wonder Woman enough to let her face the Darkest Knight: the latter sensed what was happening and assembled an army of the Last 52 villains to join the Dark Multiverse forces and destroy Earth 0's resistance army which was composed of heroes, villains, dead people and the survivors of lost realities.
During the clash, Superboy-Prime joined the battlefield, facing Saint of the Church of the Sun, an enforcer of a dark Superman from a futuristic Last 52 reality. Prime's fists altered Saint's home reality, changing its history every time the Kryptonian hit his opponent; after defeating him, Superboy-Prime assaulted the Darkest Knight, who had already killed Perpetua, hitting him so hard that this severely destabilized the Last 52 Multiverse.
Later, the Darkest Knight and Wonder Woman fiercely battled each other through the timestream until they reached the End of Time where the Amazon finally killed the dark Batman, presumably destroying the last 52 Multiverse.
- Wally West, powered by the Mobius Chair and Doctor Manhattan
- Fastest Killer Alive (Wally West)
- Arkham inmates
- Green Arrow (Hard Traveled)
- Green Lantern Corps (Hard Traveled)
- John Constantine (Armageddon Blues)
- Last Sun
- Lois Lane (No More Superheroes)
- Mister Zsasz (Feeding the Beast)
- Nazi Justice Society
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- Ocean Mother
- Parallax (Hal Jordan)
- Parallax (John Stewart)
- Red Medvo (The Super-Threats!)
- Scarecrow (The Fear Index)
- The Spectre
- Steel (The Fear Index)
- Steel Guardians
- Super-Pets (The Super-Threats!)
- Teen Titans (Falling Through the Cracks)
- After the Hands restored the Multiverse, the Last 52 Multiverse was no more addressed so its current existence is unknown.
- Other Last 52 worlds are implied to exist by the presence of various villains, including realities for:
- A different team of Super-Pets.
- A skeleton-like Scarecrow.
- A Spectre-like entity.
- A spider-like Batgirl.
- A warrior-like Mister Freeze.
- Bats-like creatures.
- The army of Batman who Laughs-like monsters.
- The bearded Superman who is killed by Last 52 Constantine.
- The long mouth creatures which are counterparts of Prime Earth characters, including Flash, Green Lantern, Starfire.
- An army of Swamp Things.
- Like the Dark Multiverse, each reality is based on any hero/villain's unspoken fears.