The Last Sun, born Kal-El and known as Kill-All, is the last son of Krypton from a world in the Last 52 Multiverse. During the destruction of Krypton, he was sent to Earth in a rocket, however along the way it had gotten lost, resulting in Kal-El flying through a million suns, corrupted by the vast energy.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a yellow sun, the Last Sun possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian, although due to being corrupted by the power of a million suns, the Last Sun's powers are far greater than those of an average Kryptonian.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of the Last Sun's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Superhuman Strength: The Last Sun's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. He was strong enough to easily overpower the entire Superman Family.
- Superhuman Speed: The Last Sun is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
- Superhuman Agility: The Last Sun's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily make sharp turns and easily maneuver while flying and moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The Last Sun possesses reflexes far greater than any normal human being. This allows him to easily react to danger and events, and perceive the world in slow motion.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Last Sun is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink and sleep.
- Superhuman Senses: All of The Last Sun's senses are enhanced to immense superhuman levels, allowing him to perceive the world in far greater detail than the senses the average human possesses.
- Super-Hearing: The Last Sun's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Super-Vision: The Last Sun's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus. This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: The Last Sun can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Infrared Vision: The Last Sun can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. The Last Sun can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed.
- Flight: The Last Sun is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction. He capable of flying at above supersonic and hypersonic speeds.
- Heat Vision: The Last Sun can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected. His heat vision was powerful enough to overpower that of Superman.
- Interstellar Travel: The Last Sun is immune to the nature of space and is not inhibited by its lack of gravity. He can travel the reaches of space where no human body could possibly be without the aid of technology or protection.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, The Last Sun is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Longevity: The Last Sun can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Pyrokinesis: The Last Sun is essentially a living star, emitting large amounts of flames from all around his body that he can manipulate at will.
- Self-Sustenance: The Last Sun doesn't need to eat or sleep so long as he has enough solar energy (but is still capable of doing so), and doesn't require oxygen to breathe.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Dependency: Kryptonian abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing their energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation. When exposed to the same red solar radiation as Krypton's red sun Rao, it causes Kryptonians to lose their powers within a large amount of exposure until exposure to yellow sunlight reverses this effect. When exposed to orange solar radiation from a different galaxy, Superman's strength and abilities will drastically diminished, eventually weakening him. The radiation also affects his intellectual capacity and reduces his ability to think.
- 5 Appearances of Last Sun (Last 52 Multiverse)
- 1 Images featuring Last Sun (Last 52 Multiverse)
- Quotations by or about Last Sun (Last 52 Multiverse)
- Character Gallery: Last Sun (Last 52 Multiverse)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."