Laurel Hedare was a model for her husband's cosmetics company Hedare Beauty. She was replaced by a young model named Drina — and not only corporately, but also romantically, as her husband began having an affair with Drina.
Hedare was on the verge of releasing a new skin cream on the market called Beau-Line, which, according to George Hedare, was able to reverse the signs of aging — and known mostly to Laurel, could even make a woman's skin be like "living marble" if used constantly.
However, as Laurel also found out from Dr. Ivan Slavicky, the scientist behind the product, discontinued use of Beau-Line can also cause a woman's face to deteriorate over time. Artist and graphics designer Patience Phillips, who worked for the company's advertising campaigns, overheard the product's side effects as she visited the factory one night, so Laurel had her paid henchmen dispose of both Patience and Dr. Slavicky to prevent the information from leaking out.
After Patience's death and resurrection as the mysterious Catwoman, who went searching for her killer to find out why, Laurel had misdirected Patience into believing it was her husband who wanted the defective Beau-Line beauty cream to be shipped and who wanted her dead. Later on, though, Laurel personally killed her husband and made it appear as though Catwoman was responsible for the murder, having her arrested by the police. Eventually, Catwoman slipped out of prison and confronted Laurel in her office, realizing that she was the one responsible for his death. During the fight, Laurel's face was scratched by Catwoman, and she nearly fell out of a window to her death, barely escaping by grabbing a pipe. However, when she saw her scratched face in a reflection, Laurel couldn't live with herself and so chose to plunge to her death.
- Superhuman Durability: Her use of the Beau-Line skin cream has enabled her skin to become like "living marble", making her physically impervious to pain; her husband nearly broke his hand trying to slap her face. However, it doesn't protect her skin from being scratched by Catwoman's clawed gloves.
- Laurel Hedare was played by Sharon Stone in the movie Catwoman.
- 3 Appearances of Laurel Hedare (Catwoman)
- 2 Images featuring Laurel Hedare (Catwoman)
- Quotations by or about Laurel Hedare (Catwoman)
- Character Gallery: Laurel Hedare (Catwoman)