Lawrence Crock operated as the criminal known as the Sportsmaster.
His wife divorced him and took his only daughter Stacy with her. On his last crime spree in Gotham City, he confronted Alan Scott (Green Lantern) who confronted Sportsmaster in his civilian identity, almost getting killed in the process. At a rally in Washington, D.C. in 1950 where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty, Crock sacrificed his life to save a young girl from Dynaman's rampage, encouraging Scott to retake his place as Green Lantern once more in order to stop Dynaman.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories.
- 2 Appearances of Lawrence Crock (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Lawrence Crock (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Lawrence Crock (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Lawrence Crock (JSA: The Golden Age)