Larry Lance was a crime-lord known as The Collector, who made a rep with extortion and kidnapping, and working from the shadows, his face unknown to his henchmen. He set up a private investigation firm to act as a cover, and to obstruct the police investigation. He also fooled Batman into thinking The Collector was someone else, a high-level lieutenant Lance set up for the fall.
Shortly after she arrived from Earth-Two, Black Canary sought out Lance, as his Earth-Two counterpart was her deceased husband. She posed as a client looking for a lost husband, and flirted with him in the hopes of regaining her old husband. He discovered her secret, and pretended to care. He played her out against Batman, who was starting to doubt Lance's intentions. Dinah could not believe Larry was the Collector, and continued her own investigation.
Due to the increased police pressure on the Collector, Lance had to work together with some of his rivals. Batman discovered this, and snuck up on him at the horse races. Black Canary intervened, and realized she had been had, her love-sickness abused. Together, Batman and Black Canary chased Lance, who had escaped on horseback. They caught up with him, and Batman engaged him in a ditch. Lance tried to stab Batman, but fell into his own knife, leading to his death.
- This version of Larry Lance, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Lawrence Lance (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Lawrence Lance (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Lawrence Lance (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Lawrence Lance (Earth-One)