In 1961 Lawrence "Larry" Trainor was a USAF test pilot who, during a X-15 flight test to the Earth's stratosphere, he went through a cloud of cosmic radiation, causing him to lose his senses and the vehicle to fall. Thanks to the radiation, Trainor managed to survive the fall, but the explosion burned his entire body and made him radioactive, needing to wear bandages to cover him entirely. As a member of the Doom Patrol, he is known as the Negative Man.
- Cosmic Radiation-Altered Physiology
- Immobility: When his astral form named Negative Spirit leaves him, his body becomes motionless and vulnerable to attack.(Formerly)
- Life Force Loss: When Larry and the Negative Spirit learned to separate without the host being unconscious, Larry becomes weak, as if all the aging of which he was deprived returned quickly, and may die if the separation lasts too long.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Doom Patrol and is an adaptation of Negative Man (Larry Trainor). The original character was created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney, and Bruno Premiani and first appeared in My Greatest Adventure #80.
- The character is portrayed by Matt Bomer (voice, pre- and post-accident without wraps), Dwain Murphy (with wraps in Titans series) and Matthew Zuk (with wraps in Doom Patrol series).
- Larry had a secret affair with his Air Force colleague John Bowers.
- 16 Appearances of Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
- 8 Images featuring Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
Doom Patrol member