Lawrence "Larry" Trainor is a member of the Doom Patrol with the power to project and control the Negative Spirit. He was an Air Force pilot involved in a plane accident that necessitated a constant wearing of lead-lined bandages.
Larry Trainor was an Air Force pilot involved in a plane accident that bonded him with a radioactive being know only as the "negative spirit. A scientist named Niles Caulder, who Larry would affectionately later call "Chief", invited him to live in his house with other misfits and outcasts he'd picked up over the years, such as Rita Farr, Cliff Steele, and Gar Logan, safe from the fear and hatred of the world. Larry agreed and moved in. Caulder gifted him a radiation-proof room he could stay in, as well as lead-lined bandages for him to wrap around him to be comfortable outside his living quarters. Larry stayed in the house for many years, growing close to the other tenants of the house, even when Gar left to go his own way.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Titans and is an adaptation of Negative Man (Larry Trainor). The original character was created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney, and Bruno Premiani and first appeared in My Greatest Adventure #80.
- This is the first live-action incarnation of Larry Trainor.
- Larry is portrayed by Matt Bomer (voice, pre- and post-accident without wraps) and Dwain Murphy (with wraps).
- Another version of Larry Trainor, also voiced by Matt Bomer but portrayed (with wraps) by Matthew Zuk, later appeared in the television series Doom Patrol.
- Neither of the two live-action versions of Larry Trainor seen so far go by Trainor's identity of Negative Man.
- 1 Appearances of Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Lawrence Trainor (Titans TV Series)
Doom Patrol member