Lead is a liquid metal robot made of lead with almost limitless shape shifting abilities. He was designed by Dr. William Magnus a brilliant robotic expert along with along with five other robots Platinum, Mercury, Gold, Tin and Iron. These robots were known as the Metal Men.
Together, Lead and the Metal Men embarked on a variety of adventures, their specialty fighting monsters spawned from weird science. Though the Metal Men were repeatedly destroyed, Magnus was always able to rebuild them.
Lead is the workhorse of the Metal Men, slow witted but invariably the first of the team to step up to the plate. Lead often work with Iron and combines into various structures and shapes to protect the team.
- Chemistry: Lead is an expert in the field of chemistry as it relates to the element of lead.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Metal Men Recommended Reading
- 183 Appearances of Lead (New Earth)
- 20 Images featuring Lead (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Lead (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lead (New Earth)
|Metal Men member|
This character is or was a member of the Metal Men