Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Lee Hyland, previously known as the criminal Blink, is a man with the power to look through other people's eyes.
Many years ago, Hyland acted as a thief, using his powers to steal people's credit card numbers and rob them blind. However, Blink was captured by Batman, who convinced him to turn his life around for the better. Hyland agreed and tried for years to stick by his promise.
- Vision Displacement: Hyland's superpower is that he can look through anybody's eyes just by thinking about it.
- Thievery: Before turning his life around, Blink was an expert thief with his powers. It wasn't until he fought Batman that he decided to use his powers for good. 
- Blindness: Hyland doesn't have any eyes. He can only see when he sees through somebody else's eyes.
- Power Limitation: Hyland's powers have a tell. When he jumps from one person's eyes to another, the last person will temporarily lose vision for a second. 
- Blink was created by Dwayne McDuffie and Val Semeiks, first appearing in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #156. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Blink first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Mother Panic #5 by Jim Krueger and Phil Hester.
- Unlike his New Earth counterpart, Blink doesn't need to make contact with someone to see through their eyes. He has unlimited access to anybody he wants.
- 5 Appearances of Lee Hyland (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Lee Hyland (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lee Hyland (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lee Hyland (Prime Earth)