In the year 2166, after the death of his wife and son at the hands of Vandal Savage, Rip Hunter went rogue against the Time Masters and stole a time-traveling ship to travel to 2016, where he hoped to recruit of team of people inconsequential to the timeline. These men and women consisted of The Atom, Firestorm, Martin Stein, White Canary, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Mick Rory and Leonard Snart. Rip Hunter tried convincing them that in the future they were considered legends, but many of the recruits were reluctant to join. Among them, Jax was drugged by Martin Stein to come aboard the Waverider, and Mick Rory and Leonard Snart joined with the intention of robbing priceless items across history.
With the mission to eliminate Vandal Savage, the Legends hopped around history and the future in the Waverider. They stopped a Vandal-Soviet partnership helmed by Valentina Vostok in 1986, and time-traveled to a possible future where Star City was in ruins and overrun by criminals. Mick Rory began to question his place on the team, and turned them over to the Time Pirates. His old friend and partner Leonard Snart was forced to abandon him in time. Mick Rory came back as the villain Chronos, retro-actively hunting the team throughout time. The Legends were able to break Mick's programming and he re-joined the team.
After stopping their younger selves from being killed by the Pilgrim and failing to assassinate Per Degaton, a powerful ally of Savage who helps him rise to power, the Legends finally captured Vandal Savage. It was revealed however that Vandal was working with the Time Masters all along, giving Savage the means to time travel. The Legends were captured at the main Time Masters' headquarters, but they escaped and destroyed the Oculus, the source of the Time Masters' timeline manipulation, with Leonard Snart giving his life to ensure it's destruction. Rip gave his team time to figure out what they wanted to do and dropped them back in Central City a few months after their initial recruitment. The team eventually came back together and finally rid the world of Savage once and for all.
Six months after Vandal's death, the team tracked down time anomalies and fixed them to keep the timeline intact. The team was told never to travel to 1942 by Rex Tyler, where New York City was nuked by the Nazi Party. However, the team had gone against what they're told, and tracked down Damien Darhk, who kidnapped Albert Einstein's ex-wife to build an atomic bomb for them. Darhk managed to launch the nuke, but Rip Hunter scattered the team around history and placed Mick Rory in stasis while Rip and the Waverider took the hit from the nuke, protecting New York City. In present day 2016, Oliver Queen and historian Nate Heywood located the Waverider at the bottom of the ocean, and woke up Mick. Mick and Nate left to recover the scattered members, bringing the team back together again, albeit with Rip Hunter's absence.
- Captain Cold's Cold Gun
- Heat Wave's Heat Gun
- Rip Hunter's Revolver
- The Legends weren't officially named until the season 2 episode "Out of Time".
- 98 Appearances of Legends (Arrowverse)
- 2 Images that include Legends (Arrowverse)
- Team Gallery: Legends (Arrowverse)
Links and References
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Pilot, Part 1
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Fail-Safe
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Star City 2046
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Marooned
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Left Behind
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Last Refuge
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Progeny
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Destiny
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Legendary
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Out of Time