The Legion of Substitute Heroes was a team of heroes rejected for the Legion of Super-Heroes, who decided to form their own team.
The Legion of Substitute Heroes was founded by Polar Boy, Night Girl, Stone Boy, Fire Lad, and Chlorophyll Kid, five young heroes whose powers were not sufficient to earn them membership in the Legion of Super-Heroes. Their main arch nemesis was Captain Freeze. After receiving a consolation prize (a Legion Flight Belt), the five disconsolate teenagers decided to form a group that could pinch hit for the Legion. After several failures as superheroes, the Subs manage to save the Earth from an invasion by Plant Men while the Legion is off planet fighting a decoy armada of robot space ships. These Plant Men, the Legion later finds out, were sent to earth by Captain Freeze who wanted to use them to distract the Legion while he goes and steals the Mighty Shrink Ray. However the plot is foiled when Night Girl sees Captain Freeze sneaking into the Lab and he is caught and exiled to the planet Navoru.
At first operating in secrecy, the Legion of Substitute Heroes is gradually recognized by the real Legion as a valuable asset.
Legion of Substitute Heroes
- Antennae Boy (Khfeurb Chee Bez from the planet Grxyor)
- Chlorophyll Kid (Ral Benem from the planet Mardru)
- Color Kid (Ulu Vakk from the planet Lupra)
- Double Header (Frenk and Dyvud Retzun from the planet Janus)
- Fire Lad (Staq Mavlen from the planet Shwar)
- Infectious Lass (Drura Sehpt from the planet Somahtur)
- Night Girl (Lydda Jath from the sunless planet Kathoon)
- Polar Boy (Brek Bannin from the planet Tharr)
- Porcupine Pete (Peter Dursin from Earth)
- Stone Boy (Dag Wentim from the planet Zwen)
Legion Flight Belt
- 73 Appearances of Legion of Substitute Heroes (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 7 Images that include Legion of Substitute Heroes (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Team Gallery: Legion of Substitute Heroes (Pre-Zero Hour)
Links and References
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at The Legion of Substitute Heroes. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|