- Suppose I were to finance a symbol... something concrete to rally around.
Appearing in "Time and Chance"
- Legion of Super-Heroes (First appearance)
- Alux Cuspin
- Mekt Ranzz (Flashback only)
- Ayla Ranzz (Flashback only)
- Shvaughn Erin
- President Jeanne Chu
- United Planets
- Lightning Beasts of Korbal (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Time and Chance"
Garth Ranzz wakes up in a sweat from a dream flashing back to the day his brother crash-landed on Korbal with him and his sister and met the Lightning Beasts. Worried that his parents will discover he has run away from home, he packs his bags preparing to leave his hotel room.
Taking off on a shuttle for Earth, Rokk and Garth find themselves sitting next to each other. They are delighted to find themselves sharing a shuttle with the richest man in the cosmos, billionaire inventor, industrialist and philanthropist R.J. Brande. Garth also has an embarrassing moment when Imra becomes aware of his thoughts wandering towards her.
While everyone is getting off the Shuttle on Earth, the three teenagers are thrust into action when a group of assassins shows up attempting to kill R.J. Brande. Working as a team, with Rokk's magnetism, Garth's Lightning abilities and Imra's telepathy, they are able to subdue them and save Brande's life.
Later, in the office of the President of Earth, Jeanne Chu, Brande proposes an idea he has to really rally together the newly established United Planets. The next day, his secretary Luornu approaches all three of them to meet with Brande. Inspired by their heroic actions, Brande informs them of his idea for a Legion of Super-Heroes, composed of those with special abilities from multiple different worlds overcoming their differences and working together. Rokk, Garth and Imra all agree to be a part of his new program.
Elsewhere, the man behind the assassination attempt, Brande's business partner Roderick Doyle, continues his plotting. Worried about displeasing his masters, who wish the new United Planets idea to fail, Doyle prepares for his last given attempt to murder R.J. Brande.
- This is the first appearance of the rebooted version of the Legion of Super-Heroes, replacing the original incarnation after the events of Zero Hour
- The Legion of Super-Heroes appears next in Legionnaires #0.
- This issue bears many heavy resemblances to Superboy #147, the original origin of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
- Discuss Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 4 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Legion of Super-Heroes series
- Images from Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 4 0
- Legion of Super-Heroes Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- The Legion (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 8)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.