Appearing in "The Quick and the Dead"
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- Roderick Doyle
- Kid Quantum (Mentioned only)
- Marla Latham
- Mano (First appearance)
- Leland McCauley (Mentioned only)
- Jeven Ognats (In picture only)
Synopsis for "The Quick and the Dead"
The Legion returns from their first mission with the body of Kid Quantum. Several Legionnaires spy on R. J. Brande and President Jeanne Chu as they argue about the fitness of the young heroes. Live Wire and Saturn Girl interrogate Brande's attempted assassins and XS quietly considers resigning due to her cowardice at the fight with Tangleweb and Cosmic Boy encourages her to stay.
As Cos gives the eulogy at Kid Quantum's funeral, time slows to a crawl for XS and she realizes that the casket is a bomb. Her superpowers kick in and she barely saves everyone from the explosion. As they get to safety, Cosmic Boy saves her from a piece of shrapnel.
On Angtu, a chemical weapon sold by Leland McCauley kills a marketplace full of innocents and the only survivor is Mano, who swears revenge and uses his energy projection abilities to destroy his home planet with a touch.
- The Legion of Super-Heroes appeared last in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #62. They appear next in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #63.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Legionnaires Vol 1 19 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Legionnaires series
- Images from Legionnaires Vol 1 19
- Legion of Super-Heroes Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- The Legion (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 8)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)