- Na zdrovye.
- -- Red Star src
Leonid Kovar's father, Konstantin, was an archaeologist, and when the two investigated a spaceship that had crashed into the Yenesi River, the ship exploded. It imbued Leonid with energy, and gave him powers of super strength, speed, flight, and pyrokinesis. Being a Russian patriot who believed in socialism, he offered his services to his country and became the first official Russian superhero, taking the name Starfire. A new member named Starfire was on the Teen Titans at this point, and so Leonid changed his code name to Red Star.
Red Star joined the Teen Titans. After two years, Red Star left the Titans with Pantha and Baby Wildebeest, forming a unique and somewhat dysfunctional family unit. He was frozen solid by Superboy-Prime after witnessing the brutal murder of Pantha and Baby Wildebeest. After the effects of the Infinite Crisis, the Titans went through over twenty members, including Red Star. Like all the others, however, he left. He then returned to Russia.
Several months later, Red Star stopped an alien invasion of Russia (an alien-Russian war that lasted a week), and was in return named State Protector by the Russian President. He moved into a ship from the invasion, floating one thousand feet above the Kremlin. Living in solitude on the ship, Red Star makes the ultimate city protector. Weapons detectors on board can locate any bullet fired in Moscow, there are power test facilities, weapons, and living quarters. With a law passed making it so that metahuman activity in Russia without government authorization is illegal, Red Star is Russia's only hero. Two months after the invasion...
- Alien Energy Mutation: Red Star was empowered by unknown alien energies that have caused chain reactions within his molecular structure, altering his physical abilities and reflexes. Over time, these abilities have changed and he has gone from being an incredibly fast and strong being into one with an array of powers.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 113 Appearances of Leonid Kovar (New Earth)
- 24 Images featuring Leonid Kovar (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Leonid Kovar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Leonid Kovar (New Earth)
- Red Star at dccomics.com
- Red Star (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Red Star article at Titanstower.com
- Red Star bio at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.