Livewire was an electrokinetic enemy of Superman.
Shock-jock Leslie Willis hated Superman, and her radio show in which she spouted her disdain for the Man of Steel was a massive hit. She organized a celebrational concert in Centennial Park, but Superman came in to shut it down due to an upcoming lightning storm. Willis turned the crowd against him, but both she and Superman were hit by lightning. The shock-jock was in far worse shape than the superhero, and was rushed to the hospital. There, she found herself transformed into a chalk-white electrokinetic.
"Livewire" decided to become a criminal, and usually teamed up with others. She worked with Parasite, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Metallo, Weather Wizard, Toyman and Kalibak before eventually joining the Legion of Doom.
- Electrokinesis: Livewire has the ability to absorb, generate and project volumes of electrical energy of an extremely high voltage. She also has the ability to transform into living energy. In that form she can transmit herself through powerlines.
- Superhuman Strength: Livewire is shown to be able to effortlessly tear up a turbine and hurl it away.
- Vulnerability to Water: Her stored electricity will short circuit and at least partially dissipate if she gets wet.
- Leslie Willis was voiced by Lori Petty for most appearances. María Canals voiced the character for the episode "Hereafter, Part I".
- Due to differences in timing, Livewire first appeared in print rather than in the animated show.
- 14 Appearances of Leslie Willis (DCAU)
- 5 Images featuring Leslie Willis (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Leslie Willis (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Leslie Willis (DCAU)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
Legion of Doom member
|Supergirl Villain(s) |
|Batgirl Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."