Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- You're going to show me how to jack my power to the next level. My name is LIVEWIRE. You know me.
- — Livewire src
Leslie Willis is Livewire, an electricity manipulating super-villain and former video blogger. She primarily fights Superman although she has gone up against the likes of Batgirl. She has been a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains.
Leslie Willis was an ordinary video blogger based in Metropolis, her blog mainly consisted of unfunny pranks and makeup tutorials. Although her pranks were normally harmless she eventually planned a prank that would go to far. Leslie designed a device which would allow her to control all of the electricity in Metropolis once set up to the main power station of the city.
She managed to break into the power station and hook up her device to the power grid, she then recorded herself as she prepared to pull her prank. However as she prepared to pull the lever to activate the device, her invention was taken away by Superman. Angered by the sabotage of her prank, Leslie decided to settle with turning the power off which would leave Metropolis in complete darkness. However when she turned the switch off she received a gigantic electric shock which put her into a coma.
When she awoke she found that she was a creature of pure electricity. Seeking revenge on Superman for the condition she was in, she fought the hero several times under the moniker Livewire. Eventually with the help of Batman, Superman was able to create a containment cell capable of holding Livewire in her electrical form. Livewire was captured by the two heroes and transported to Stryker's Island Penitentiary where she was supposed to serve out her prison time.
- Electrokinesis: Livewire has the ability to absorb, generate and project volumes of electrical energy of an extremely high voltage. She also has the ability to transform into living electrical energy. In that form she can transmit herself through power lines and metal objects.
- Livewire was created by Evan Dorkin and Sarah Dyer, first appearing in Superman (1996 TV Series) Episode: Livewire. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Livewire first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #30 by Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis, and Doug Mahnke.
- 16 Appearances of Leslie Willis (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Leslie Willis (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Leslie Willis (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Leslie Willis (Prime Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Batgirl Villain(s) |
Secret Society of Super-Villains member