A man named Lewis Padgett who returned to earth as an old man in October 1978 after forty years of space travel aboard an alien spacecraft. Before he left the earth Padgett had been the costumed villain Microwave Man. Upon his return Padgett calls upon his alien friends to grant him his youth back even though it would shorten his remaining life to only a few hours. Once he is young, Padgett once again assumes the identity of Microwave Man and challenges Superman. The aliens inform Superman that Padgett only wants the glory of defeating him and will soon die. Superman allows Padgett to defeat him in a test of strength after which Padgett dies satisfied and the aliens claim his body to set adrift in space as he had requested.
- This version of Microwave Man, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Lewis Padgett (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Lewis Padgett (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Lewis Padgett (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Lewis Padgett (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."