- Of course, when you're made of light, it's kinda tough to have a day that isn't bright...
- -- Flash src
In the dimensional reality known as Earth-9, elite fashion model and actress Lia Nelson has adapted superhuman speed and control through a yet unrevealed event. Lia Nelson is the second most recognized person on the planet, next to The Atom or Superman. She was a celebrity from the time of her birth, as her parents where the first astronauts to go on the Jupiter Mission. Her mother was somewhat of a minor hero herself and her father was an agent of Nightwing, though not very good at his job. After learning control of her power, she adapted the alias of the Flash. Though because of the circumstances of the attention she received when she was younger, Lia could never decide whether or not she was a celebrity or a hero. Despite that she later on joined the Secret Six.
Lia successfully showed off her acting abilities to pretend to be a "damsel-in-distress" to manipulate Jay Garrick of Earth-2 to defend her at the cost of almost his own life during the recent interdimensional conflict instigated by the Monarch in his war against the Monitors.
Lia survived the Arena battle by her successful manipulation of the Earth-2 Garrick, but was defeated by Johnny Quick of the Crime Society. Fortunately for the actions of the Superman of Earth-31, Lia was able to successfully return to her source Earth after the Arena conflict and avoided becoming involved in the war across the multidimensions against both the Monarch and now very individual dimensional Monitors.
Lia was engaged in trying to overthrow the control of Harvey Dent, the Superman native to her source Earth and managed to gain the aid of her and other superpowered counterparts from New Earth including Wally West to do so. While believing they had later succeeded in saving the captured Atom, it was really Powergirl in disguise. In the resulting battle Lia was captured. Luckily the Outsiders, comprised of Secret Six and Night Force members, and heroes from New Earth were able to rescue her and the other captured heroes. Once released, they were able to travel to New Earth, join defending forces there and defeat Superman.
- Light Being: Lia is made of light allowing her to control, manipulate and generate light, as well as access light energy directly.
- Superhuman Speed: Lia can move at the speed of light.
- Metamorphosis: Thanks to her ability to produce solid holograms she can alter her appearance in order to appear as any other person, object or animal.
- Energy Construct Creation: Lia can manipulate light to create solid structures like cages.
- Energy Projection: Lia can project powerful beams of energy.
- Energy Absorption: Lia has the ability to absorb light in any form, even lasers.
- Acting: Lia is also a well trained and successful actress which allows her to manipulate her attackers and skillfully employ in her superhuman conflicts for maximum effectiveness.
- Telepathic Resistance : Being composed of pure light she was completely unaffected by Dr Psycho mental assault.
- 35 Appearances of Lia Nelson (Earth-9)
- 9 Images featuring Lia Nelson (Earth-9)
- 3 Quotations by or about Lia Nelson (Earth-9)
- Character Gallery: Lia Nelson (Earth-9)
Tangent Comics Character
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.