Liana of M'Elu was a Green Lantern in an unspecifified sector.
She responded to an emergency of a magnetic disruption on a planet she had never seen before, and soon found the origin: the metallic beings had created a system of magnetic walls to separate property. However, it was tearing the planet apart. The natives were territorial and xenophobic refused to listen to her, and did not care for casualties. The wall was theirs, and they would not listen to outsiders.
Disappointed she could not interfere, Liana decided to change the planet's magnetic poles to cancel the disruption. It worked, but it also shut down the magnetic walls. With no border marking for everyone's territory, the planet soon fell into chaos.
As she broke two rules - interfering against a planet's wishes and changing a planet's culture - she felt she had failed. The Guardians agreed, and expelled her from the Corps.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Liana (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Liana (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Liana (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Liana (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."