Lin Canar is a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
An oceanographer on his homeworld, specializing in underwater energy emissions, Lin Canar initially refused his selection as a Green Lantern, preferring to serve his people in his professional capacity. But when his replacement went about eradicating crime on Fluvian by the wholesale destruction of the class of citizens most likely to commit crimes, Lin Canar stepped in to stop him. Only after this did Lin Canar accept the job of Green Lantern.
Like all denizens of Fluvian, Lin Canar is a creature of vegetable and plant matter, and lives beneath the surface of the planet's massive oceans. As a member of his planet's Research Circle, Lin Canar possesses a scientist's and explorer's curiosity. He is meticulous and thoughtful, well-respected by his fellow Lanterns.
Lin Canar is a slender creature whose most notable features are glowing eyes that allow him to see at extreme depths, and the frond-like appendages that help him propel himself through strong currents. Despite his delicate appearance, Lin Canar is deceptively strong even without his ring, able to survive the pressures of the deep.
Powers and Abilities
- Enhanced Strength: Above-average physical strength.
- Superhuman Durability: Can withstand severe pressure.
- Enhanced Vision: Able to see in low-light conditions.
- Lin Canar previously possessed superhuman strength and durability. These powers disappeared following his initial conflict with Dob Zagil.
- His ring constructs reflect the environment from which he comes, tending toward the aquatic in design.
- 5 Appearances of Lin Canar (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Lin Canar (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lin Canar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lin Canar (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."