Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Linda Park-West is an investigative journalist and the wife of Wally West.
An instant before the Flashpoint altered reality, Linda’s children Jai and Irey West were sucked into the Dark Multiverse by a tide of dark matter. Wally attempted to save them but was too late. Doctor Manhattan removed ten years from history, which included all of Linda’s relationship with Wally and Jai and Irey’s birth. Linda’s memories of her family were erased while Wally was trapped in the Speed Force.
When Wally was able to briefly escape the Speed Force he tried to get Linda, his “lightning rod” to remember him so he could permanently escape but she couldn’t and he was pulled back in.
Wally was eventually able to leave the Speed Force for good with the help of his mentor and uncle Barry Allen. He reunited with his old friends in the Titans, where he found he was able to restore their memories of him with a touch, but that Linda was mysteriously immune.
After Wally sacrificed himself to ride the Mobius Chair and save the Multiverse, Tempus Fuginaut upheld the promise made to him by returning Jai and Iris back to Earth and reintegrating them into the timeline. Doing so reignited Linda's memories of Wally and the twins and she tearfully reunited with the children as they returned to Earth.
Linda, Jai and Irey took refuge in the Speed Force alongside the rest of the Flash Family when The Batman Who Laughs remade the world in his image. They briefly reunited with Wally when he took the Mobius Chair into the Speed Force to keep it out of The Batman Who Laughs’ clutches.
After the events of Dark Nights: Death Metal, the Park-West family tried to settle down and return to normality. Wally decided to resign as the Flash and, after discussing it with Linda, also cut himself off from the Speed Force. After a time travel adventure in which he learned he was not responsible for the Sanctuary disaster, Wally chose to retain his powers, a decision Linda supported.
Later, Wally and their children were pulled into Gemworld to battle Eclipso. When she realised her family had disappeared, Linda panicked and ran out of the house to look for them, only to discover that she now possessed super-speed. Wally and the kids soon returned, much to Linda's relief. Linda decided to keep her new powers a secret, as she felt Wally was close to being overwhelmed by his many responsibilities and that he would not be able to handle another complication in their lives, but was forced to reveal them to her children when Irey ran into the road and Linda needed to save her from being hit by a car. She planned to tell Wally about her powers that night but he was called away on Justice League business before she could.
Wally's aunt Iris told them that Barry Allen hadn't been seen since he left on a mission with Justice League Incarnate. Mister Terrific tracked Barry's unique resonance signature in the Speed Force, and was able narrow his possible location to three alternate realities. The Flash Family gathered at the Flash Museum to go into the Force and hopefully find Barry and bring him home. Linda took Jai and Irey to the Museum to see them off and tried to tell Wally about her powers, but before she could the twins ran through the portal into the Speed Force. Wally promised her that he would bring the kids home and the speedsters followed them in. After the others left, Mister Terrific revealed that he knew she had powers.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Linda Park was created by William Messner-Loebs and Greg LaRocque, first appearing in The Flash (Volume 2) #28. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Linda Park first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in DCU: Rebirth #1 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis.
- 31 Appearances of Linda Park (Prime Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Linda Park (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Linda Park (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Linda Park (Prime Earth)
- Flash Forward #4
- DCU: Rebirth #1
- Titans (Volume 3) #1
- Titans (Volume 3) #6
- Flash Forward #1
- Flash Forward #6
- Dark Nights: Death Metal Speed Metal #1
- The Flash #768
- The Flash 2021 Annual #1
- The Flash #779
- The Flash #780
- The Flash #782
- Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1
- The Flash #783
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74