- I am having too good a day watching Constantine suffer to have it ruined by some storm in the Inferno. Give me my entertainment back.
- — Papa Midnite src
He gained his power when he killed his sister, Cedella, and performed magic on her to condemn her to hell. There, he forced her to barter and sleep with demons, to steal secrets and power for him. With this power and connections, he set up a vast criminal magic empire in New York City.
After he sent his old foe John Constantine witchwalking to Hell (or rather, a corner of Hell that he "acquired"), Cedella broke free of her spells. She forced him to take his own life by jumping off the Empire State Building. However, he survived, and went on to expand his empire even more.
- Voodoo: Papa Midnite possesses the ability to wield a vast array of mystical effects. His powers are rooted in the traditions of the Vodoun religion.
- Business Management: Papa Midnite has a sharp business acumen and is a master at managing various criminal enterprises.
- Voodoo Religion Practitioner: He is also proficient in many occult rituals and traditions as it relates to Voodoo.
- Cedella's Skull: Papa Midnite routinely uses his dead sister's skull as a focus for his occult rituals.
- Ace of Winchesters: Midnite once possessed an occult relic known as the Ace of Winchesters. However, this was merely a collectors piece, and was not part of his mystic arsenal.
- The character's real name is given as "Linton" in Hellblazer #75 and "Br[oth]er Midnite" in Hellblazer: Papa Midnite (Volume 1). The Vertigo Encyclopedia gives his full name as Linton Midnite.
- 13 Appearances of Linton Midnite (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Linton Midnite (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Linton Midnite (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Linton Midnite (New Earth)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."