Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Linton Midnite, better known as Papa Midnite, is a Haitian voodoo magician and rival to John Constantine.
Despite having been enemies for years, Papa Midnite was forced to go to Constantine for help getting his night club back from the demon businessman Neron. Midnite kidnapped and allegedly poisoned Constantine's boyfriend at the time Oliver as leverage to get his help. However, when the two were trying to infiltrate the club, their disguises were found out by Neron himself, who banished the two magicians to Hell.
While there, Constantine and Midnite were tortured for an extended period of time but managed to escape their captors with help from the demon Blythe. However, as they were creating a portal out, Papa Midnite made the mistake of telling Constantine he never poisoned Oliver in the first place and, in turn, was left behind in Hell by the pissed-off magician.
- Business Management: Papa Midnite runs a successful club called Club Midnight that specializes in magical late night activities.
- Papa Midnite (Linton Midnite) was created by Jamie Delano and John Ridgway, first appearing in Hellblazer #1. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Ray Fawkes, Jeff Lemire, and Fabiano Neves' New 52 Constantine series.
- 25 Appearances of Linton Midnite (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Linton Midnite (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Linton Midnite (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Linton Midnite (Prime Earth)
Injustice League member