Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Lobo is a Czarnian slaver who killed the rest of his people except for his beloved Princess Sheba. He is imprisoned in a maximum security prison in Colorado. Lobo was discovered unconscious in a crashed spacecraft in the deserts of New Mexico along with many other alien slaves. After attempting to escape the prison, his strength and ferocity was realized and he was restrained in the most effective manner. Eventually Lobo manages to overpower the reverse polarity restraints and escapes. He easily destroys every wave of defense the prison had to offer and escapes the prison, vowing to destroy Earth as soon as possible, but not before getting revenge on the prison's Director Maxim.
Lobo was among the many prisoners kept in a prison called the Catacombs. He was later freed by Maxwell Lord alongside several other prisoners (Emerald Empress, Doctor Polaris, Rustam, and Johnny Sorrow), who eventually succumb to Lord's influence. It is revealed by Amanda Waller that Lobo, alongside the rest of the prisoners released by Lord, was a member of Amanda Waller's first Suicide Squad. Batman eventually implants a bomb into Lobo's brain and detonates it, blowing up Lobo's head. After Lobo regenerates, he discovers Batman did so to free him from Lord's control. Lobo was among the many heroes that Batman rallied after Maxwell Lord gains the Heart of Darkness and uses it to control the Justice League. 
- Czarnian Physiology
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Senses
- Regenerative Healing-Factor: Lobo has a healing factor that allows him to heal from almost any wound within a short amount of time. He has survived having his head blown off by Batman, with his head fully healing in minutes.
- Lobo was created by Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen, first appearing in Omega Men #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Lobo first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Deathstroke (Volume 2) #9 by Rob Liefeld.
- 87 Appearances of Lobo II (Prime Earth)
- 47 Images featuring Lobo II (Prime Earth)
- 10 Quotations by or about Lobo II (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lobo II (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Suicide Squad member
Copy Edit Needed