Lodar Monak was a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
Monak was the Green Lantern of the planet Arden, where he lived with his wife and son, young Meeno Monak, who he hoped to train as his successor. His planet, however, was in constant attacks by the Z'nang, a world ruled by a totalitarian party who vowed to conquer the galaxy. Monak was the main target of their attacks, and he petitioned the Guardians for permission to deal with them, but he was denied. One day, during one of their attacks, both him and his wife got fatally wounded, and was forced to pass his ring to Meeno.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Lodar Monak (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Lodar Monak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lodar Monak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lodar Monak (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."