The Lorelei is the despotic former ruler of the extradimensional realm of Fairyland, also known as Grimmworld.
In partnership with the Slicer, she invaded Earth when her realm came into contact with it (an event which supposedly only happened once every thousand years) and stole the Philosopher's Stone from a museum, hoping to add its power to that of her Voice (which could transmute objects, but only temporarily). Opposed by the Justice Society of America (who had been lured into fighting her by her own rebellious subjects), she tried to flee back to Fairyland but was apparently destroyed when she failed to reach it before it parted company with Earth again.
Decades later, however, the Lorelei was resurrected by The Wizard, and made him her consort. They attempted to invade Earth again, but were beaten back by the Sandman and Infinity, Inc.
- Transformation: With her voice, the Lorelei can transmute objects temporarily into any shape the Lorelei desires.
- Magical Wand: It can interchange body parts between a group of people.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 3 Appearances of Lorelei I (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Lorelei I (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lorelei I (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lorelei I (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.