Prior to the start of her relationship with Dick, Lori used to date Desmond Mallard, one of the most high-profile students in HU, until he disappeared after suffering an injury while playing football. Unaware to Lori, Mallard had become mentally unstable and turned to crime using the alias "Scar". With his new identity, Mallard sought to destroy the beauty from other people and Lori became one of his victims. Mallard lured Lori to a trap in Gotham City and she was tied up on a table in his hideout, where he planned to drop acid on her face to disfigure her. Lori was saved by Batman, who had tracked the criminal to his hideout and she was later taken to safety by Dick.
One day, Herbie Agar, a student in one of Hudson's art classes, was murdered and Lori held him on his dying moments. Witnessing this event caused her to have a nervous breakdown. When Dick apparently showed little concern for the loss of life, but was more interested in finding the killer, Lori turned her back against him, putting their relation on hold.
Soon and without giving Dick a proper explanation, Lori started dating Dave Corby, much to Dick's dismay. A short while later, Dick Grayson exposed Corby as the villain called "The Raven" and a member of MAZE - the crime organization who had Agar murdered - in front of the entire university. Lori was truthfully heartbroken after learning the truth, but her misjudgement had caused Dick to stop caring about her, and despite all her grief he turned his back against her, ending their relationship for good.
- This version of Lori Elton, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 17 Appearances of Lori Elton (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Lori Elton (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Lori Elton (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Lori Elton (Earth-One)