Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Killer Frost was a metahuman agent of the Department of Metahuman Affairs.
Louise Lincoln was a research scientist working for S.T.A.R. Labs in Antarctica, who was murdered by agents working for H.I.V.E.. At some point over two years later, she was apparently resurrected by the Department of Metahuman Affairs, who made her into a metahuman nicknamed as Killer Frost (she alleges that several other metahumans including Metamorpho, Lady Clayface, and Man-Bat were also created in this program).
Powers and Abilities
- Thermokinetic Cryokinesis: It is assumed that Louise has the same abilities as her New Earth counterpart, given their similar histories and names. These include the ability to generate extreme temperatures of cold from her body. Primarily this is used to freeze others in place or to create a sheen of ice over an intended target. Killer Frost can also use her powers to summon gusts of super-cold air, with which she uses to hurl frozen objects (usually ice daggers) at specified targets. She often uses hand gestures while doing this to make it appear as if she can project ice directly from her fingertips. This is not necessary however, and is done mostly for theatrical effect.
- Energy Absorption: By absorbing heat from the atmosphere, she can freeze molecules of moisture that hang in the air, creating a variety of effects.
- Thermokinesis: Contrary to others who share her power set, heat does little damage to Killer Frost. In fact, heat is essential to her continued existence. Attacking Killer Frost with a heat based-weapon only serves to strengthen her.
- Louise Lincoln was created by Gerry Conway and Rafael Kayanan, first appearing in Firestorm (Volume 2) #21. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Louise Lincoln first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League of America (Volume 3) #7.2: Killer Frost by Sterling Gates and Derlis Santacruz.
- 4 Appearances of Louise Lincoln (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Louise Lincoln (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Louise Lincoln (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Louise Lincoln (Prime Earth)
|Firestorm Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Firestorm and any of his supporting cast or members of the Firestorm Matrix. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Firestorm Villains category."