It was totally immobile, but had tremendous psychic powers. When Mister Miracle entered the trap the Lump linked to his mind and trapped him in a dream landscape of its own creation. Mister Miracle had difficulty facing the Lump at first, but eventually drove it mad with the sight of its own hideous appearance.
The Lump reappeared in the second Evil Factory Darkseid established in Bludhaven. There it was used by Mokkari and Simyan to mentally torture Batman. Their plan was to process his memories and experiences to simulate his drive, his dedication, and his unrelenting will in order to create a clone army of Batman replicas. In Batman's mind, the Lump took the form of his ally, Alfred, and attempted to manipulate Batman.
Batman was eventually able to take control of his mindscape, using his past traumatic memories to overload the clones, driving them insane. in an attempt to stop the process, Mokkari shoots the Lump. Batman convinces the Lump to help him, causing the Lump to get up and attack his handlers. As the Lump's body crumbles to ashes, Batman releases himself from his restraints.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 11 Appearances of Lump (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Lump (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lump (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lump (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.