She was recuited into the R.E.C.R.U.I.T.S. along with Amon Hakk, Borb Borbb, Darius, Davroth Catto, Ig'nea, Jiv Reduu, Bertron Diib and Zena Moonstruk. He helped battle the rogue Jiv Reduu when he was rejected from the team and he began murdering the other R.E.C.R.U.I.T.S.
- Darkness Manipulation: Lydea Mallor has the ability to create and manipulate darkness.
- Energy Projection: Lydea can project solid darkness with enough strength to pierce thick metal walls.
- Although her first regular appearance is in L.E.G.I.O.N. #8, Lydea Mallor actually makes a much earlier appearance as a member of Darkseid's Servants of Darkness during the Great Darkness Saga in the 30th Century, where a corrupted future version of her fights against the Legion of Super-Heroes. Both of these stories are written by Keith Giffen.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 70 Appearances of Lydea Mallor (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Lydea Mallor (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lydea Mallor (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lydea Mallor (New Earth)