Lyle Corley was one of a family of circus performers. When his family died in an accident in Central City caused by proper safety precautions not being taken, Corley blamed the three officials whose attempts at saving money had led to the tragedy, as well as the Flash (Barry Allen) who had been called away on a Justice League case and so wasn't around to save them. As the Clown, Corley lured all four men into a death trap, but Flash freed himself and the Clown's other prospective victims and defeated him.
Years later, it was revealed that the Clown had also been responsible for inflicting the personal tragedies on Hunter Zolomon that eventually led him to become Zoom.
- Gadgetry: Lethal Laughing Gas, Poison Custard Pies
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Lyle Corley (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Lyle Corley (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lyle Corley (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lyle Corley (New Earth)