Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz is a member of the Legion of Doom. Disguised as a human woman, he gives Martian Manhunter a drink that causes him to sweat magnesium, which sets him on fire; the latter burned until Wonder Woman arrived with an antidote.
Martian Manhunter later battled him in the Hall of Doom, where Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz was incinerated by the ignition of Vandal Savage's doomsday weapon.
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Justice League: Doom and is an adaptation of Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz. The original character was created by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake and first appeared in Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #0.
- Ma'alefa'ak was voiced by Carl Lumbly.
- Appearances of Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz (Doom)
- Images featuring Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz (Doom)
- Quotations by or about Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz (Doom)
- Character Gallery: Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz (Doom)
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |
Legion of Doom member