Copy Edit Needed
When Superman found a Phantom Zone Projector and investigated it, he saw Mala. By now, she had served her sentence and asked for her release. Superman decided to "parole" her. Mala promised to aid Superman in fighting for justice. However, she had little regard for human life. She was also angered by Superman loving Lois Lane rather than her.
Mala broke her promise to do good and freed Jax-Ur. Together they rampaged Metropolis. The two fought Superman, but were outsmarted and sent back.
Mala and Jax-Ur later escaped the Phantom Zone, rescued in space by a neighboring alien race. The two usurped the planet and deposed its government. The pair restructured the planet, tore down its historic buildings to replicate Kryptonian architecture, instituted a command economy and built new schools where children were taught unwavering loyalty. The pair insisted that they have brought order and peace to the planet and made it better than it had ever been. Superman had no emphasis to dethrone the two, the ensuing fight would be inherently distructive until he realized they were spearheading an invasion to Earth. Superman was captured and sent to die in the same black hole, but escaped and fought the two Kryptonians. With their ship crippled, Mala and Jax-Ur attempted to flee but they were caught in the black hole.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Mala possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Mala's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Mala can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Mala's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Mala's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Mala can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Malas can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Mala can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Mala is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Mala is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Mala is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Mala's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Mala is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Mala is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Mala possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Mala was voiced by Leslie Easterbrook for "Blasts from the Past" (parts one and two) and Sarah Douglas for "Absolute Power".
- 10 Appearances of Mala (DCAU)
- 3 Images featuring Mala (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Mala (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Mala (DCAU)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."