The Whistler was a masked vigilante in the post-WWII mid-1940s.
Police Reporter Mallory Drake became a masked vigilante in order to avenge his murdered brother Jerry. Jerry Drake had been a jazz whistler, and Mallory was a gifted mimic, who quickly mastered Jerry's repertoire. Calling himself The Whistler, Drake waged a war of terror against the underworld, for about half a year, then was heard from no longer.
- Sound Manipulation The Whistler once whistled so sharply that a gun, by itself, was fired by the sound.
- Intimidation The Whistler's eerie trademark whistle struck fear into the hearts of men, creating blood-chilling paralytic reactions. It also worked on snakes.
- Whistle Ventriloquism The Whistler can make his trademark whistle seem to come into a room he occupies, as if from the outside.
- The Whistler looked exactly like Midnight or The Spirit, only with a red mask.
- Creator/writer/artist Vernon Henkel was replaced by William Woolfolk and Al McWilliams on the final Whistler story, in National Comics #54.
- In his civilian identity Drake worked at the Daily Record, and his boss was Mac Shane, Editor.
- Mallory Drake smoked cigarettes. His boss, Mac Shane, smoked a pipe.
- 7 Appearances of Mallory Drake (Quality Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Mallory Drake (Quality Universe)
- Quotations by or about Mallory Drake (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Mallory Drake (Quality Universe)