Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Manitou Dawn was born in the Obsidian Age of Atlantis before the city sunk into the ocean. She would migrate to America and played a role in the birth of the Apache people and eventually become known as a mystic superhero based in New Mexico. At somepoint of her long life she would be branded with a Witchmark of Hecate which allowed the dark goddess to possess her and wield significant magical power, although Manitou Dawn was oblivious to the mark. The Witchmark would finally be activated by Hecate during the attack of the Otherkind and Manitou Dawn would become possessed by the goddess who used her body to attack Nanda Parbat. She would be interrupted by the second Justice League Dark but their attempts to stop Hecate's attack would fail when Wonder Woman was possessed by Hecate and joined the attack on Nanda Parbat. This freed up Manitou Dawn to attack the rest of the Justice League Dark at the Oblivion Bar but she would quickly regain control of her body after the League preformed a partial successful exorcism Wonder Woman.
Newly freed, Manitou Dawn would join forces with the Justice League Dark and other victims of Hecate when they were summoned by Circe to battle the Hecate controlled Wonder Woman but Diana manged to regain control of herself and defeat the goddess before the group was forced to kill her. Afterwards Manitou Dawn would join the magical refugees in the Oblivion Bar and stuck with them as they fled from the Otherkind and Lords of Order until the later were defeated by the Justice League Dark.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic: Due to her unique heritage and her being a witch-marked by Hecate, Manitou Dawn possesses incredible magical potential which she can use for a variety of purposes and effects, including:
- Manitou Dawn was created by Joe Kelly, first appearing in JLA #75. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Manitou Dawn first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman and Justice League Dark: The Witching Hour #1 by James Tynion IV and Jesus Merino.
- 7 Appearances of Manitou Dawn (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Manitou Dawn (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Manitou Dawn (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Manitou Dawn (Prime Earth)