At some point in her life, Maggie Sawyer joined the Metropolis Police Department and rose to the rank of lieutenant. In early 2003, she apprehended a young man, who was attempting to enter LuthorCorp Plaza, during a hostage situation involving Martha Kent and Lionel Luthor. A few months later, Sawyer was in charge of the response to a bank robbery, involving a mysterious young man in a ski-mask, who was seemingly bulletproof. Some time after that, Sawyer found herself demoted down to detective.
In 2005, Sawyer was in charge of an investigation involving a female hit-and-run victim, with ties to Senator Jack Jennings and a strip-club called the Windgate. During her investigation, she found herself once more meeting Clark Kent, along with Chloe Sullivan and Lois Lane, who she felt was interfering with the investigation. Ultimately, Sawyer had to let the girl's killer go, due to him having diplomatic immunity.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Maggie Sawyer. The original character was created by John Byrne and first appeared in Superman (Volume 2) #4.
- Maggie Sawyer was played by Jill Teed.
- Due to Maggie Sawyer being a minor character on the show, her personal life was never explored. However, in the episode "Exposed", she is shown to be attracted to Lois Lane.
- 8 Appearances of Margaret Sawyer (Smallville)
- 3 Images featuring Margaret Sawyer (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Margaret Sawyer (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Margaret Sawyer (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|