- Show up at my father's house, and you're gonna get a really good idea of how it feels to get disemboweled by a lion.
- -- Vixen src
Born in Zambesi village in Africa, Mari was the latest in a bloodline that stretched back centuries as the weilders of a mystical totem granted to their forbear, Tantu, by the spider god, Anansi. On the day when her older sister, Kuasa, was to inherit stewardship of the totem, a local warlord decided to flex his muscles by wiping out the village. In the confusion, Mari's father was killed. Her mother managed to grab both Mari and the totem and flee, eventually arriving in America. Seemingly abandoned by her mother, Mari was in reality hidden in the foster system to protect both her and the totem. Taken in by a loving couple named Chuck and Patty in Detroit, who loved and raised her as their own, Mari grew up filled with questions about who she was. As a young woman, Mari left home on a journey of self discovery, but returned with more questions than answers.
- Animal Empathy: Even without the totem, Mari is linked to the animal kingdom through her family's long association with it.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the webseries Vixen and is an adaptation of Mari McCabe/Vixen. The original character was created by Gerry Conway and Curt Swan and first appeared in Action Comics #521.
- Vixen was voiced by Megalyn Echikunwoke. Kimberly Brooks provided the voice of young Mari.
- It's unknown how much of Mari's life was changed, after her grandmother altered history.
- 18 Appearances of Mari McCabe (Arrow)
- 2 Images featuring Mari McCabe (Arrow)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mari McCabe (Arrow)
- Character Gallery: Mari McCabe (Arrow)
|Arrow and Flash television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Arrow (TV Series) Characters.|