Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
In Zumbrota, Minnesota, Marilyn and her husband Clarence were driving to the hospital to prepare for the childbirth of Billy. Due to a utility pole collapsing onto the road, Billy was born in the car. They left that night due to her father's disapproval and the fear that Billy and her would be taken away from Clarence.
They drove to Philadelphia and settled. Sometime settling, Clarence began a life of crime due to current unknown reason; crimes that included robbing banks. To remove himself from Marilyn and their child, Clarence left them.
After being freed from Mr. Mind, C.C. said that he and Marilyn had given up Billy due to the both of them being unfit to be parents. Sometime after that, they ended their relationship.
It is believed she is still living in Zumbrota.
- Marilyn Batson was created by Jerry Ordway, first appearing in The Power of Shazam! (graphic novel). However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Marilyn Batson first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #8 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
- 3 Appearances of Marilyn Batson (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Marilyn Batson (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Marilyn Batson (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Marilyn Batson (Prime Earth)