Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
When Maru was young, her parents, both scientists, were approached by the Americans to produce a checmical weapon. They refused, but days later, they were arrested by the Russians. Maru only learned years later her parents died during their interrogation.
She dedicated herself to her parents' work, but not for the Americans - instead, she would use it against them. She plotted to poison President Obama at a G8 summit in London. One scientist she had abducted managed to get word out, and Wonder Woman countered her plans.
Maru planned to disperse the poison close to the president with a cloaked drone, but Wonder Woman could disable it. Maru escaped, but was apprehended shortly after and handed over to the police. With the aid of a concealed poison capsule, she could escape from the prison van.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Military Protocol
- Military helicopter
- Maru Virus
- Military arsenal
- Doctor Maru was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter, first appearing in Sensation Comics #2. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Doctor Maru first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #48 by Meredith Finch and David Finch.
- The scar on the right side of Maru's face resembles the symbol embroidered on the mask of New Earth's Doctor Poison II.
- 9 Appearances of Marina Maru (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Marina Maru (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Marina Maru (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Marina Maru (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."