Captain Compass was a company detective for the Penny Steamship Lines.
Mark Compass began his seagoing career as a frogman for the U.S. Navy, and before he was done there, he had commanded a few of the ships he had first served upon. Compass became well known as a capable and courageous captain, as well as a noted nautical investigator.
Following his naval stint, Captain Compass was employed as a roving troubleshooter for Penny Steamship Lines. In his capacity as ship's detective aboard the S.S. Nautilus, and other ships, Compass solved many mysteries on the high seas, as well as preventing crimes in ports around the world.
In the 1980s, Compass lived in semi-retirement in his own personal cabin suite on the Nautilus while sleuthing the occasional seaborne mystery.
Powers and Abilities
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Diving and Swimming: former frogman.
- Throwing:He knows how to throw bolas, a skill taught to him by a gaucho from the Pampas.
S.S. Nautilus (a liner)
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- While Captain Compass hasn't appeared in a post-Crisis story, he was mentioned in DC Universe Legacies #3.
- Captain Compass is a member of the Seven Seas Club, headquartered in New York City.
- 77 Appearances of Mark Compass (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Mark Compass (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mark Compass (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mark Compass (New Earth)