Professor Mark Erdel was a world-famous scientist who built a "robot brain" and teleportation device with which he hoped to explore space and other dimensions.
Mark Erdel's first test of his "Robot Brain" device resulted in the involuntary arrival on Earth of the Green Martian known as J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter. Shortly thereafter, Professor Erdel died of an apparent heart attack, brought on by the shock of meeting his alien guest.
Years later, an investigation by the Thanagarian heroes known as Hawkman and Hawkgirl revealed that Erdel was actually killed by an invisible alien "Wyrdbeast" from Alpha Centauri, which was transported to Earth by Erdel's device.
"Robot brain" and Teleportation device
- This version of Professor Erdel, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- In the reality known as New Earth, and in other realities, Erdel's first name is Saul.
- 13 Appearances of Mark Erdel (Earth-One)
- 4 Images featuring Mark Erdel (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Mark Erdel (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Mark Erdel (Earth-One)