Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
During Year of the Villain, she was given a gift by Lex Luthor allowing her to merge animals. She used her new powers to kidnap Atlanteans and infuse them with sea creatures. Ocean Master eventually stumbled upon her plot when he was hiding in Atlantis as a homeless man. After initially losing to her creatures, he went into the Marina Trench, where he found a powerful deity known as Lernaea. With her help, he was able to destroy the oil rig Marine Marauder was using as her base. He then killed her with his trident and fed her body to her monsters, which he now controlled.
Powers and Abilities
- Molecular Reconstruction: The dark gift bestowed upon her by Luthor enables the Marine Marauder to radically alternate and transmogrify most any form of biomass into twisted effigy's of marine life whom she can control at will.
- Marlene Simmonds was created by Mike W. Barr and Trevor von Eeden, first appearing in Adventures of the Outsiders #37. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Marlene Simmonds first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Ocean Master: Year of the Villain #1 by Dan Watters and Miguel Mendonça.
- 1 Appearances of Marlene Simmonds (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Marlene Simmonds (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Marlene Simmonds (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Marlene Simmonds (Prime Earth)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."