Mars was the Roman god of war.
During the War of the Gods, the Roman gods were manipulated by Circe into invading Mount Olympus. With the help of Ares' treacherous daughter Eris, Mars infiltrated Areopagus and attempted to destroy his counterpart Ares.
Powers and Abilities
- Invulnerability: As long as war break loose on Earth, Mars can't be harmed.
- Mind Control: He can control his agents while they wear a special medallion.
- This character is an adaptation of Mars, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- During Pre-Crisis time, the Gods of Rome and the Gods of Olympus were often depicted as one and the same. Thus Mars, and his counterpart Ares, were characterized as the same deity, and it was commonplace to use their Greek and Roman names interchangeably. They were not definitively made separate until the War of the Gods event.
- This New Earth version of Mars first appeared in Superman #28 May 1944.
- An earlier version of Mars appeared in Earth-Two continuity, in Wonder Woman #2 Fall 1942, and many subsequent issues. That version lived on the planet Mars and had three lieutenants: Count of Conquest, Duke of Deception, and Earl of Greed. Prevailing consensus indicates that version of Mars was an avatar of Ares. Under either name, he was retroactively wiped from existence during the Crisis On Infinite Earths.
- 12 Appearances of Mars (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Mars (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mars (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mars (New Earth)