She helped her husband run the Kent Farm, then later the Kent General Store. Her maiden name was Martha Clark, and Clark Kent's first name is taken from this. Her parents' names were Henry and Willa Clark.
When Clark Kent was eighteen years old, Martha and Jonathan went on a vacation in the Caribbean where they discovered a buried treasure chest. Opening the chest released a virulent alien micro-organism that infected both of them. Young Clark tried to save them, but failed. Both Martha and Jonathan passed away at the same time.
- This version of Martha Kent, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Martha Kent's maiden name was originally said to be Hudson, in Superman #141. However, in Superman #146 it was Clark. When readers asked which was correct, the letters column in Superman #148 said Clark was her maiden name, but Hudson was her middle name, meaning her full name before marriage was Martha Hudson Clark.
- 385 Appearances of Martha Clark (Earth-One)
- 6 Images featuring Martha Clark (Earth-One)
- 4 Quotations by or about Martha Clark (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Martha Clark (Earth-One)
Superman Family member