Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Martha Clark Kent was a farmer in the small town of Smallville, Kansas. She and her husband, Jonathan, became the adoptive parents of the Kryptonian orphan Kal-El after finding the infant alien in a small rocket sent to Earth. The Kents raised Kal-El as their own son under the name "Clark Kent". Martha and Jonathan Kent died as the result of a car accident on the night of Clark's senior prom.
- Ma Kent was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, first appearing in Superman #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Ma Kent first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Action Comics (Volume 2) #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales.
- The first appearance of Martha Kent in Prime Earth continuity was a photograph in Action Comics (Volume 2) #1. Her first full appearance was not until a flashback in Action Comics (Volume 2) #5.
- 38 Appearances of Martha Clark (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Martha Clark (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Martha Clark (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Martha Clark (Prime Earth)