Martha Kane was the headstrong wife of Thomas Wayne, and a high-ranking employee at Wayne Enterprises. Once a spy who worked with Alfred Pennyworth and her husband for a few years, she became a businesswoman and mothered the young Bruce Wayne in her later years.
Prior to her marriage, she was a prominent Gotham City debutante socialite heavily involved in charity work. Following her murder at the hands of a mugger named Patrick Malone alongside her husband in Crime Alley, Bruce would be raised by their butler Alfred Pennyworth and grow up to become the vigilante super-hero Batman.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Gotham, Pennyworth and its tie-in webseries and shorts, Gotham Stories and Gotham: A City Gone Mad. It is an adaptation of Martha Wayne. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #33.
- Martha Kane was portrayed by Brette Taylor on Gotham and by Emma Paetz on Pennyworth.
- 27 Appearances of Martha Kane (Gotham)
- 3 Images featuring Martha Kane (Gotham)
- Quotations by or about Martha Kane (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Martha Kane (Gotham)