Maseo Yamashiro was the husband of Tatsu Yamashiro, also known as Katana.
They had a couple of twin children and started a family of their own. Ufortunately, Maseo's brother, Takeo was jealous of him and after joining the Yakuza, he killed Maseo using the Soultaker Sword. The weapon was retrieved by Katana, who started a quest for revenge against Takeo, as the struggle had killed her children as well.
Maseo's soul was trapped inside the Soultaker Sword and knowing this, Takeo stole the sword from Katana and using a ritual, he summoned Maseo's spirit back to live along with several other souls trapped in the soul. Under Takeo's command, Maseo was forced to attack and kill Katana with the Soultaker Sword so that Takeo could summon her soul and use her at will. To prevent this, Maseo caused Katana's wrath by attempting to kill her friend Halo and Katana was forced to kill Maseo, returning his soul to the Soultaker Sword.
- Black Lantern Ring (Formerly)
- Flight: Like all the reanimated Lanterns, Maseo was able to fly during his brief time as an undead soldier.
- Superhuman Strength: Black Lantern Maseo was strong enough to stop a large transport truck dead in its tracks and cause it to violently crash by swinging his sword into the front of it, sparking a head-on collision that made the truck break into pieces and made its passengers tumble out.
- Regeneration: Black Lantern Maseo was able to reconstitute his body even when it was being hacked to pieces.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Maseo Yamashiro (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Maseo Yamashiro (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Maseo Yamashiro (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Maseo Yamashiro (New Earth)
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."